Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kyoo 186 - Housewarming Gift

I got a "housewarming gift".

(Yes, housewarming can be one word).

This particular "house-warming" gift was from Tia.  She had been keeping it in her closet since I bought my condo back in May and just forgot about it.  She finally remembered she had it and told me about this house-warming gift a month ago.  I tried to guess what it was at church one week because she kept forgetting to bring it and wouldn't tell me what it was.  It was driving me crazy!

I narrowed it down to being smaller than a loaf of bread, not something you would want to stand on, could possibly break if dropped, and not as flat as a rug.

Any guesses?

I had no clue.  And then on my birthday she shows up to a dinner at Bdubs with these:


Mugs!  But not your ordinary mugs...


Animal mugs!

That's right.  These mugs all have cute little critters in the bottom!  I saw them while shopping with Tia at Ross a few weeks before I closed on my condo and really like them.  But I was feeling real poor thinking about how much money I needed to put down on my condo...so I didn't buy them.  I bid them a fond farewell and promised to give them a home someday if I ever returned and had the funds.

But when I returned they were gone.

And now, thanks to Tia, they're found again!  And they're mine!

Seriously was so happy to get this gift.  Who doesn't like surprises like that??

I can't wait to use them.  I imagine it will go something like this:

[A guest enters my home]

Kyooyoo:  "Welcome , how are you?  Would you like a drink?"  (or something along those lines...I'll work the drink in there...)

Guest:  "A drink would be wonderful!  How about some juice?"

Kyooyoo:  "Juice?  Of course, I always have juice on hand."  (true statement.  love me my juice.)

[Kyooyoo pours juice in an animal mug and serves guest]


 Guest:  "Why thank you!"

Kyooyoo:  "You are so welcome!"

[Kyooyoo eyes guest with anticipation]

[Guest beings drinking juice]


 [Guest notices something, curiously eyes drink, but doesn't want to be rude and continues drinking.]


[Guest can no longer ignore this something]

Guest:  "I think there's a cow in my juice..."

Kyooyoo:  "Really?  A cow?  That's weird."

[Guest finishes juice]


Guest:  "There's definitely a cow in my juice."

Kyooyoo:  "Huh.  Do they normally swim in juice?"

Have a great day :)


No comments: