Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Yoo 674 - Austin For A Day


In another attempt to create summer adventure while Dylan is here, we headed for Austin and Zilker Park. With a lengthy stop at the San Marcos outlets. I'd live the day again.


We finally had the fortitude to stand in line and wait for Hopdoddy burgers. Ok, Greg did. Dylan and I went in search of donuts.

The burger line took an hour and was worth it. Awesome awesome. Would do it again.

The donuts?



Not so much. We were complaining about how sweet they were! Is that nuts? Ok, Roscoe loved the bacon on the maple one. In fact, we all did. But other than that, no.

Mom, don't read this part...

We'd originally gone there in search of their hamburger served on a glazed donut bun. Unfortunately they didn't have them at that location. So we'll have to find the real donut store with donut hamburgers. Because donut hamburgers.

Ok, you can read again mom.


 Hastings, NE! Represent.


Picnicking at Zilker. Another dog buddy joined us! I don't know who he belonged to but he listened when I told him to sit so he got a treat and made friends with Roscoe for a while. Then we stretched out for a relaxing nap for a whole five minutes before Dylan got bored and wanted to go swimming.

I side more with Dylan. Greg can stretch out and enjoy a picnic blanket all day. But he was outvoted three to one. Really, Roscoe's vote is the only one with power.

Now, this is the best picture of my dog ever.


Just kidding, it's this one.


I guess this one's ok...


Another one? Well, if you insist.


Poor-man's Barton Springs on a busy day. Dogs can swim unleashed! I love this place.


And a Beagle puppy. It tried to hop from one rock to the next and we all about exploded with warm fuzzies. I can't handle things like that! Dog about got stolen by me.



Greg took the flower picture and he was super proud of himself.


The state capitol was our last stop. Dylan and I explored inside for a bit while Greg stayed with Roscoe, who insisted he'd rather sit outside and bark at squirrels.


One of our previous governors looks like Lord Grantham from Downton Abbey.


Dylan took the stairs all the way to the top. I stayed at the bottom and took pictures.



And that's that.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: