Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kyoo 163 - Charlotte Airport

There's something about traveling and being in airports that makes me want to blog. Maybe it's all the uninterrupted reflection time I get on my flights. Or the people-watching I can engage in whilst waiting for connections. Or my shear excitement of flying and going to new places. I think it gives me something more than the usual day-to-day to share.

So, I'm currently sitting in the Charlotte, NC airport. It's pretty impressive. Bigger than I thought it would be and very clean. And the bathroom had an array of complimentary products that included mouthwash and toothpaste. How awesome is that?!?!?! And there are so many new accents and styles to take in. I've never been this far east before and I'm loving it. The people are fun.

And I'm in a great location to see people sprint by in chase of connecting flights. Everyone has their own unique running style and it's entertaining.

Charlotte is so beautiful and green too! Very different from San Antonio right now. I couldn't believer how thick the trees were. Quite visible from the air.

Also beautiful was flying through the clouds.

Wait, I think an Arab man wearing a turban just walked off the plane carrying a fake light saber. Yep, I'm positive, that is definitely a light saber. Haha, wow. And security took my 4oz bottle of face wash away...

Back to the clouds. Amazing! There were so many distinct and varying levels. Some were thin and stretched for miles. Other layers were puffy. Some so much that they looked like mountains poking up through the flat layers. Just a spectacle of every texture imaginable! And there were areas where they collided and formed an avalanche of clouds careening into yet another layer. It was so fun to find different objects in the clouds! I saw several bowls of icecream (somebody didn't get breakfast...) and a dog. And of course various landscapes. Words can't describe it but, despite pulling an all-nighter and be seriously exhausted, I was captivated for the last 30 minutes of that flight just awing at the clouds. And listening to some amazing horn music.


Next stop: Reagan International Airport. Morgie and dad should be waiting there for me!

Have a great day :)


3 comments:

Snickers said...

ha ha ha, i love how you didn't get breakfast and you see bowls of ice cream. Typical you. I miss you so much!

Elizabeth said...

Hehe, I think on the way back, you should climb up on the walls of the airport (you brought your gear, right?) and change the R in "Reagan" to a T.

Teagan International Airport

Has a nice ring to it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I definitely second Elizabeth's suggestions, especially changing the R to a T.