Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kyoo 179 - Carpeting Charles

Electricity was still off today until 6 so Carpeting Charles rescheduled til tomorrow. Which also means that I won't get to do any more work til next week...because I'm taking off to the beach this weekend....

So, until my projects start up again, here's a few more pics from the work at the condo.


Part of the finished hallway. The washer and dryer came with the condo...lucky me!


My demo work on a wall...funny story. I was pulling the baseboards off and there was what I thought to be a strip of caulking that was holding me back. So I pulled out my razor and started cutting away at it...only to see wires just a few seconds later. Oops! Apparently someone took some shortcuts when they were running cable throughout the house. A trip to Wal-Mart later and I wrapped it back up in electrical tape and properly ran it through the wall. No more exposed wires!


A peak at the finished master bedroom. I'm loving the new carpet smell!


But not as much as I love the green accent walls! And the "Shur-Line" paintbrush. It earned it's name. Very sure lines.


There is a lot more work to baseboards than meets the eye. They have to be cut just so. They have to be level. You have to find the studs for the upper nails. And then you have to cover all your nail holes and make them look pretty! I only had 130 feet to do...but it sure kept me busy.

I also hit up Wal-Mart for the first official "stock my home" trip. The focus today was on the kitchen. I'm going to take it room by room so I don't pass out at the register. So I bought a broom and a mop and dish soap and a scrubber and towels and a garbage can and all that fun stuff. Exciting, I know.

And I discovered a running trail just across the street from my condo...super excited about that.

It's sad but I think I already need a good break from my condo. I'm starting to sound old and boring talking about my house all the time!

Bring on camping at the beach.

Have a great day :)


1 comment:

Snickers said...

Ok, many things! I have a finish carpenter husband who totally could have done your baseboard and we could come visit! It would've rocked and been totally epic! And, doesn't stocking up the house suck? It's so expensive! And we filled two shopping carts and my truck! Then we had to go back in and fill another shopping cart with groceries. Getting a new home is ridiculously expensive. And, I LOVE your green walls. I need to show my sister. She'd be so jealous!