Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yoo 212 - To All My Former PE Teachers:

But most especially Mr. Carol. Behold.


Annnnnnd that's for all the years I missed out on the Presidential Physical Fitness Award because I couldn't do any pullups.

Boo-yah!

Just 15 years late, give or take.

Stupid pullups always bumped me down to the National Physical Fitness Award, or something like that. Lamecakes.

Not that they're the prettiest pullups or anything but I couldn't do a ONE at the beginning of this year. Nay, I couldn't even do ONE NEGATIVE where you jump up and let yourself down in a controlled, slow manner. Just 10 1/2 short months of blood/sweat/tears later and voila!

4 1/2!

I can sometimes eek out one or two more on a good day, but, if you had the volume up, you probably heard the ever-so-encouraging Mike in the background, and unfortunately he broke through my mental concentration on the last one and that's really just an excuse so shutting up now.

And how did I celebrate this most momentous occasion, you ask? Only by eating all of this:


And this:


Team dessert competition at work. Bru-tal. Cheesecakes and cookies and bars and tiramisu and brownies and muffins and did you see the cute turkey cupcakes?? Loved them. I made the pumpkinny cheesecake in the lower right corner of that last photo. It turned out pretty delicious! Didn't take the top prize but I also didn't have any to take home so that's a success.


Definitely spent the majority of the afternoon in a sugar coma.

And I can only do 2 pullups now.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: