Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Yoo 218 - A road trip to Houston story

The Gregdriver and I were on our way to Houston. The trip started off well enough. There was a setting sun.




And picture-taking.




Because the lighting was favorite. And the boy loves picture-taking. (Hahaha. Not!)

"Just look at the camera for a second!"


"What do you want me to do?!"


"I don't know, stick your lips out or something!"




Subway was the road food of choice (turkey trot in the maƱana!). And a bit of leftover pumpkin praline cheesecake from work.

Because the manager brought it to work today and said it was my job to make sure it was gone before the end of the day. I'm not sure how to take that?




Also, there was music. I was on a Clay Walker kick. "What's It To You" might have played 8 times. Maybe I was singing it, too? Because the Gregsimoncowell loves that.

"Really? You remind me of a 15-year-old right now."

Colbie Caillat snuck in there at times.

Because that puts the Gregdriver in a more thoughtful mood.




Until I start singing it to him...I think the romance of it all makes him uncomfortable.

The sun set behind us in a blaze of fiery light.




That lasted all of two minutes. And kind of put a halt to my picture-taking. So I played with the Gregdriver's new haircut. The back was all fuzzy. How could I ignore that??

All was well.

But then!




We stared at that for over an hour. While stopping. And then going. And then stopping again. I played on my phone. The Gregdriver got irritable. I rolled down the windows and sang and danced to "Party In The U.S.A". The Gregdriver got embarrassed. I talked to a forlorn Alisha on the phone. The Gregdriver got irritable again.

But not as irritable as I would have been. So we both agreed it'd be best if he kept driving.

It was a fun trip, let me tell you. So fun we spent an extra two hours on the road!

Really, I think the Gregaudience was just enjoying my singing.




Though it might be best if he got extra shut-eye tonight. Wish him good dreams. That don't involve traffic. And also, maybe no cheesy pop songs.

Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Have a great day :-)


No comments: