Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yoo 280 - Chocolate milk...explosion?


This is what greeted me as I climbed into my car to head to the pool today. Chocolate milk. (and yes that's bubble tape...holler!) It has been sitting in my car for well over a week now. Ever since a craving and subsequent trip to HEB after a run some time ago.

But the lid has always been on.  Until now...

At first I thought some creeper broke into my car to teach me a lesson in car cleanliness.

But then my senses kicked in.

And as I was driving home, pondering this perplexity and singing along to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" (hey elton john!), I realized my milk bottle most likely exploded.

How cool is that?

Pretty cool.

I wish I would have seen it.

So...biology friends...can you confirm? That's possible, right? Elizabeth? Janelle?

I still can't find that lid.

And I still need to throw that milk away...

Have a great day :-)


3 comments:

Nicole Jessop said...

I left a yoohoo bottle in the suburban once and it was so hot and fermented it exploded. Smelled like something had died..... took forever to get out. Disgusting

Elizabeth said...

I can confirm that vehicular beverage explosions can and do happen. :)

If it's been cold lately, it might have frozen, expanded, and pushed the lid off.

If it's been hot lately, it might have encouraged bacterial growth, producing gas and increased pressure to push to lid off.

Either way I'd recommend cleaning your car. ;)


... and be sure to check the ceiling of the car. I once left a can of cream soda in our van and it froze and exploded with such force that the ceiling was covered in sticky juice. Would have been cool to see! Sadly, all I got for my efforts was the task of spending my Saturday cleaning the van...

Kyoo said...

Good to know! I haven't found anything offensive in my car yet...and it doesn't stink...so I might have gotten lucky. This might just be enough to get me to think twice before leaving a potentially explosive beverage in the car again...
:-)