Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Yoo 297 - If The Winds Are Blowing In A Stench...

...it might be me.

As Anne Shirley would say, the most tragical thing happened last night.

I went thru my normal Monday afternoon routine of sweating for 3+ hours while lifting weights and then running 8 miles outside. Ate a fantastical dinner. And then eagerly locked myself in the bathroom for a much deserved shower.

Nay, a much needed shower.

I turned the faucet on to get the water warmed up, and started plucking my eyebrows while I waited.

Seconds later, it was if a cannon had gone off.

Boom! PLINK! Crash! GUSHING WATER!

"Hmmm" Furrowed face. "That didn't sound good..." I said from my poise at the mirror.

Walking over to the shower, I was met with this.


And this.


That's right. My tub faucet had shot off the wall and converted my shower into a dysfunctional fire hydrant.

Oh the let down! All I wanted at that very moment in time was to take a shower!

I debated:
  • Driving back to work to use the locker rooms there. But who wants to go back to work on a Monday night??
  • Going for a swim in the pool. But, as nice as San Antonio weather is, that would have been an ice bath. I wasn't up for an ice bath.
  • Awkwardly squatting into the stinging blast shooting from my wall. But I didn't want to pull something and then have to come up with an explanation for my "sports" injury.
It was all too much effort. I ended up doing my very best "sink bath" and then went to bed. Still quite stinky.

(the gregbeau is cringing at the grossness of that statement right now).

(and you probably are too).

Really. It was gross.

So, I'm pretty much consigned to showering in the work locker rooms until I can get a plumber to fix my faucet or figure out how to fix it myself.

But of course I'll try to fix it myself first!

There are some days I love owning my own condo.

Today was not one of them...

Have a great day :-)


No comments: