Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yoo 308 - We Bought A Zoo!

Ok, not really. That's just what the Gregtrekker and I were shouting at random as we rode the metro and hiked our way to the National Zoo yesterday.

Besides, that is not the zoo to buy, for the record. Everyone gets in free and it's on a HILL.

And walking up that hill in jeans in 80 degree weather gives you a mad case of the itchy legs.

But I digress.


So what was happening at the zoo?

Well, the pandas were the center of attention, surprise surprise. Humor me as I shamelessly dump these photos.

(eat it up).


"Hey there, I'm a panda."


"I just sit here and eat all day. Jealous?"


"Nom nom nomnomnomnom."


"Everybody loves me."


"Teeth."


Not quite panda material, though the sunglasses help, right?

Ho-hum, on to other exciting news.


We visited the small mammals but Timon was all "No I will not dress in drag and do the hula!"

And then I was like "But Timon! The lionesses are bored!"



And they were. But then, one started morphing into a leopard and things got a little more exciting. There must be something in that water...


Also, the Gregcat learned he was the same weight as an average lioness. That sparked a short debate about who would win in a fight. Short because, really? Do we have to ask that question?

Just thinking about it made him tired, so he took a nap.


After the Gregorilla woke up, we saw the tigers.


Not much to report there. Almost a bird pouncing but no such show. (they need to take a lesson from the pandas on how to entertain a crowd...)

The gorillas and the orangutans though? That was were it was at!


Babies chasing moms.


High-flying antics.


It's an acrobatic yeti!

Last but not least, I present to you, the the chameleon whisperer (though he hasn't perfected his skills yet).


And a llama lawn statue. Because where has it been all my life??


All in a day at the zoo. Not a bad way to wrap up DC, if you ask me.

Then there was this.

(fluffy clouds. organizing years of photos on joshvincet. the gregdude and the tiny airplane.)


And getting home at 2:30 in the am.

Oh reality, you are a cruel acquaintance today.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: