Monday, July 2, 2012

Yoo 371 - Rites of Passage


I feel like everything I do outside of work right now is a rite of passage to my wedding and marriage.

Burning the midnight oil assembling, addressing, and stuffing wedding invitations?
RITE OF PASSAGE

Sending out messages on Facebook, begging friends for their address?
RITE OF PASSAGE

Going crazy and adding everything and its batteries to a gift registry and then spending the next few weeks whittling it down to the "essentials" so I don't look like a wishful, spoiled brat?
RITE OF PASSAGE

(though it should be mentioned that it's a shame most people would consider all 7 seasons of boy meets world unorthodox...)

Making 4 trips to Michaels in one week when previously, I've only made 1 trip in 4 years?
RITE OF PASSAGE

Getting asked for my "measurements" as the bridal shower approaches?
RITE OF PASSAGE

Realizing AFTER I sent out the announcements that they should say FRIDAY, the 20th and not SATURDAY, the 20th and then frantically implementing Operation Damage Control?
RITE OF PASSAGE

Having some strange lady clip my naked torso into a corset?
RITE OF PASSAGE

(if you must know...i had no idea what it was called...the words "squeezy thinga" might have been used in reference...and there was no way i was getting it on by myself...)

(also worth mentioning, i've adopted a new clothing rule:  if a corset is required, it's a no go.)

Ringing a dorky bell while everyone in the store cheers as I announce that I've "said yes to THE dress"?
RITE OF PASSAGE

(trust you me that one was BY FAR the worst. to the extent that i almost rescinded my yes and just left the store.)

Attempting to make room for a second person to move into my very full, very tiny closet?
RITE OF PASSAGE


I'm earning my way into this marriage, one rite at a time.

More pics from the bridal shower tomorrow!

Have a great day :-)


1 comment:

Nicole Jessop said...

I totally think all 7 seasons of Boy meets world is justified! And, I had the same problem registering! It's hard not to seem like a brat, so I didn't want to put on a KitchenAid or anything like that. The dress would have been pretty embarrassing but I'm so glad you picked one! You should send me a picture!