Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Yoo 374 - Beach Camping Bridal Shower


I've always been scared of jellyfish. Well, ever since I knew about jellyfish. But I think I'm getting more scared of them each time I go to the beach. Like the odds of getting stung are ever-increasingly against me. I've escaped the gulf waves unscathed for how many years now? I see the Man-of-Wars strewn all along the beach...and yet it never stops me from plowing straight into the waves. We all have to become statistics eventually, right?

I don't want to be a jellyfish sting victim statistic!!

There weren't any jelly fishies at my bridal shower, for the record. But there was lots of incredibly detailed and delicious food!



(these are supposed to be flip-flops...in case that needs clarifying...)


Not related at all to my bridal shower: I had a dream that one of my teeth was rotting and it fell out of my mouth. It was horrible! Oh what a welcome relief it was to wake up this morning and realize all my teeth were still there and sparkly!

It was so real that I've already brushed my teeth 3 times today.




My friend Alisha and her roommate Breanne put loads of time into the decorations. I was floored! She warned me that I might have to embed a "Pin It" button under all of the pictures for Internet trending purposes. I would have done that if I knew how and if my blog actually drew sizable amounts of traffic. Ha!



Fun, right? Just my style of bridal shower.


I looked utterly ridiculous wearing a toilet paper dress, veiled tiara, green dinosaur arm floaties, and handfuls of ring pops.



The Gregman's sisters put together a cute video with all his nieces and nephews welcoming me into the family. I discovered that my Gregoodle aspires to be Spiderman. There were only a few blushing moments. And people came! All in all a successful shower. Thanks Alisha!

Have a great day :-)


2 comments:

PJ said...

I've been stung by a jelly fish twice in my life. Once when I was a wee little lass and I scaled my aunt to cling dearly to her head in roughly a quarter of a second. Other than that I don't remember much. The second time was in Hawaii. My kayak got knocked over by a wave and I kindly splashed onto a bluebell. Pee really does work. Took the sting away completely. I did miss a spot and then used vinegar on it. That worked too. Now I realize I'm revealing something most people would never admit to but seriously, it works. Just be sure to use them in the shower so you can get the stingers off first. I'm still deathly afraid of jelly fish though.

Terri said...

That is seriously the most amazing shower I've ever seen. I'm going to have to Pin it, or just steal it.