Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Yoo 422 - Money Down The Drain

We spent a lot of money today.

Not a ton-ton, like, "bought an island with a lighthouse" ton. But a ton considering it wasn't supposed to be a "spend freely" kind of day.

It's Tuesday! Who spends money on a Tuesday?

These wallets, apparently.

It started with a stupid mailer. Fifty-percent off everything in the store! And the Greghiker did need new boots. So we hit that and then I ended up buying a rain jacket. A really fancy, expensive rain jacket.


(these are the boots performing oh-so-well on our evening walk. we had to test out the goretex.)

Then there were the Boy Scout shirts that needed purchasing. We're cub scout den leaders for our ward, starting this week.

And crikey! Those are expensive shirts. I rock that expensive shirt. But it had better be an investment piece. Like, an assurance that I'll be in scout callings for years.

(i'm probably going to regret saying that real soon.)

A trip to Costco was necessary. No explanation needed there.

And then our door locks got all jammed. They've been real sketch and requiring just the right amount of coaxing for a while. But today they threatened lockout.

So Home Depot and new door hardware.


Home Depot is never a good idea cause I can't get out of there with just the one thing. Suddenly my kitchen needed remodeling and the downstairs toilet needed replacing and oh! More drano!

We got out of there without the kitchen remodel and toilet but not until we'd spent a good chunk of time debating Drano. This was our second go-round at unclogging the shower so we opted for the "guaranteed" release. They slap guaranteed on that bad-boy and seal it in a "protective" zip-lock bag and suddenly they can charge an extra ten bucks. I wanted the two-dollar stuff but ultimately I let my Gregplumber make that decision.

More money down the drain...literally.

So I've decided I'm freezing our bank account tomorrow. It needs a solid week month off.

At least it's getting cooler and my AC has stopped working overtime. That's something.

Have a great day :-)


3 comments:

Nicole Jessop said...

I have a tip for you that I think you will love! I haven't tried it on a shower drain, but it's always worked on the sinks and it's so much cheaper than Draino. Take 1/4 cup baking soda and pour it down the drain. Then pour 1/2 cup vinegar down the drain. Cover it with a rag (or plug it) then leave it for 15 minutes or so. When you come back to it, run hot, hot water down the drain and it should be unclogged! Cheap, easy, non-toxic and fast!

Becky said...

It must have been "Spend Freely Tuesday" because I spent money too. The mini-me got all new pants plus a new jacket for this winter. And just last week, she got new soccer cleats! Kids, they just don't stop growing...

Kyoo said...

Nicole - I know! I use that method for all my drains. It's the volcano from science class! Wasn't working on my shower this time though...had to bring in the chemicals.
Becky - Glad I wasn't the only one! Love that she's in soccer too.