Thursday, May 16, 2013

Yoo 475 - Thanksgiving


Yes, I'm really digging for topics and backtracking all the way to Thanksgiving. It's because I saw "the couple" walking the halls at work today. It's been a while since I've seen them and it made me think of the first time I noticed them...just before Thanksgiving of last year.

Which made me think of Thanksgiving last year.

Five hours later I noticed I'd never posted pictures from Thanksgiving of last year.

You're almost caught up on this thought process...back story on "the couple". They're "the couple" because I see them on a regular basis and they are ALWAYS skirting that professional line. (remember, i work in a building with at least 15,000 other people...so sighting the same random person or persons on a regular basis is something).

This couple isn't ever sketchy, but they are definitely more than just coworkers. Possibly married...I think I ring-checked him once in passing, but I can't remember that conclusion. The point is, seeing them is amusing and has become somewhat of a game for me. I'll text the Alishafriend with sighting updates.

"The couple sighting! Arm-in-arm...and giggling."

"Just saw the couple sharing the same cup of coffee!"

"CHEEK KISS from the couple."

Obviously I'm not THAT into it because I haven't assigned point values to their behaviors, but if I did I'd have a lot of points. Work just wouldn't be the same without "the couple". It's the little things that get me thru each day.

And now you're caught up. Back to Thanksgiving!

 ^^ this is a dirty window. and a cat.

 ^^ this is a brother glued to an ipad.



 ^^ morrill hall, aka the elephant museum. i hadn't been there since elementary school field trips.

 ^^ squinty eyes

 ^^ winter quarters


 ^^ we used to always go to the gingerbread festival...it was just as good as i remember it


 ^^ i wish i was this cool with my cubscout activities...

 ^^ look at all the details...and that floor...and the game table!

 ^^ want

 ^^ my kind of gingerbread house





 ^^ airport!

 ^^ complete with baggage claim!


^^ home alone house! (did you know it sold last year for only 1.5 million?)

We ate lots of food and Greg and I drove a lot, but I really just wanted to post the gingerbread house pictures. I admire the builders' patience, creativity, and self-control. The few times I've attempted a gingerbread house, most of the candy did not end up on the house...

WAIT. Greg did NOT drive. And I hated Hertz and Dallas. Dallas because we got stuck in traffic for 10 hours (not exaggerating) on the way there and barely arrived in time for the turkey after being in the car for over 20 hours. And Hertz because they have lame rules about spousal drivers and I'm cheap and had to be the sole driver.

Maybe I should have not remembered that...

Have a great day :-)


1 comment:

Nicole Jessop said...

We didn't pay for a spousal driver when we came down for your wedding.... guess who drove almost the entire time because we'd forgotten my contacts and glasses. Shh.... don't tell.