Sunday, May 19, 2013

Yoo 476 - I Want A Dog, And Other Thoughts


The following is a collection of disjointed thoughts, beginning with puppy talk.

I'm not excited about the prospect of having babies yet. But I want a dog. Specifically, a chocolate lab puppy named Moose. Preferably a rescue adoption. Moose will energetically run around wearing a handkerchief during the day and then help me defend my side of the bed at night.

Googling "chocolate lab puppy" just now was the worst thing I've done to myself in a while.

Hold on. There are a ton of sirens.

...

Ok, that was anticlimactic. Six fire trucks, two police cars, and an ambulance just congregated outside the med school. And then left a minute later. Like an expensive flash mob, or something.

But back to my thoughts. Want to know how I know I'm not living in a fairy tale?

I'll tell you. Friday night I came home late from a band concert with a very full bladder. And not one, but BOTH of our toilets were clogged. The downstairs one with a very unpleasant surprise that elicited a fair amount of "candid" feedback from yours truly directed towards the not-so-princely-at-the-moment Greg.


Also relating to toilets, I think I will officially quit life if I'm ever sitting on one of those wall-mounted toilets and it falls off. That would be pretty traumatizing. And I might have a mild phobia because I think of this every time I sit on one of those toilets. Which is everyday at work. I'm going to create a name for this phobia and add it to the archives of symptom checker on WebMD. Along with the reaction plan I've devised should this ever happen to me.

I can't stop staring at that dog picture. Now I'm googling "rent a puppy for a weekend". This is going downhill fast.

But more thought-dumping. I've been procrastinating some decisions. Like if we should buy another car right now or if we should invest money or if we should buy a nice plot of land for a future house or if we should just quit everything and travel the world for a year.

That last one is the most enticing but the lame realistic part of my brain will never allow it to take the electoral college. Popular vote, yes. But we know what wins elections.

Finally, I'm going to try really hard to enjoy this new week, but the fact that I have to wake up tomorrow and put pants on is a bit of a buzz kill. I'd much rather be sporting spandex, lost on a run and soaking up the sun. With Moose.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: