Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Yoo 477 - Introducing...Husker*

^^ husker's first picture







*still waiting on Greg's approval of this name...

We were not planning on getting a dog.

I know I just wrote a post pining about how I wanted a dog...but that was mostly coincidence. This morning I woke up with no plans of acquiring a canine anytime soon.

But then my coworker told me about this well-behaved yellow lab that he'd found abandoned and everything was falling into place too perfectly and I thought about it for half a second before I exclaimed, "We'll take him!".

It was really super hard to focus on work after that. During meetings my mind was all:

"DOGdogDOGdogDOG dog dog dog dog DOGdogDOGdogDOG dog dog dog dogdogdogdogdogdog dog dog DOG DOGDOGDOGDOGDOGDOG dooooooooooog dog."

What do I think about that solution?

"I'm getting a doggie."

What am I working on?

"I think I could name it Gecko. Or Roscoe. One of those has to fit."

Who owns that software application?

"Maybe I'll order pizza tonight, too."

 I was a lost cause, more so than usual, all day. And then I rushed home, dog-proofed my house, and an hour later...Husker (or Roscoe).

Greg just got home right now and there's still some debate over Roscoe or Husker. What should we name it? I'm pretty set on Husker.

Husker is really mellow until he sees a rabbit and then he remembers he's a big dog and uses that to his advantage. I have not heard him bark yet. He's a year(ish) old with really big paws. Belly scratches are favorite. I'm not sure what he thinks of all this but I just fed him a chicken nugget and I think I'm going to be his best friend forever.

Now, excuse me while I go fulfill one of my life-long dreams of walking into a Petsmart WITH MY DOG.

Have a great day :-)


1 comment:

Nicole Jessop said...

YOU GOT A DOG!!!!!! How fun! Now, enjoy trying to take trips and finding someone to babysit (seriously, the hardest part about having a big dog). Anyway, I like Husker much better than Roscoe. And my opinion means everything so now you have your name! ;) Congrats on your new doggy!