Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Yoo 478 - Actually, It's Roscoe



^^ doesn't know he has a neutering appointment...ignorance is bliss

It pains me to say this because I loved the name Husker from the second my mom suggested it. At the time, Husker seemed like such a friendly identity for the golden tail-wagger trotting in front of me. But then my subconscious took over and I kept accidentally calling him Roscoe last night and it seemed to really fit and henceforth he shall be known as Roscoe.

Though Husker Hall has quite the ring to it and I still technically have about 18 hours to decide before his name is officially implanted in his flesh (we're getting him microchipped).

Our first night with Roscoe was pretty swell, although his future Petsmart privileges are under consideration. I think that place is sensory overload for even the most composed Labrador.

We dropped him off at the vet this morning, expecting to pick him up much less of a man this afternoon. However, this is a little stupid, we didn't realize that dogs are like humans and shouldn't eat before surgery. So, when they asked us if we'd fed him in the last 12 hours, we emphatically assured them that we had (that's what good owners do, right?) and it was a problem.

"We'll have to do the surgery tomorrow."

That's when I made a horrible decision, based purely on convenience, to leave Roscoe there overnight and now I miss him terribly and feel like a horrible person.

I kind of wish he'd left a hidden pile of poo or peed on something this morning cause then this would be easier.

What else can I tell you? Greg made a roast for dinner and is now standing next to the bed folding laundry while I lazily type away at my computer. I guess I don't hate being the sugar momma right now. He had the day off to run school errands so this is a rare occurrence...

Now I'm done.

Have a great day :-)


1 comment:

Alisha said...

Love it! Welcome to the family Roscoe!