Monday, November 25, 2013

Yoo 565 - I'm Thankful...Fire

Day Twenty-Five:

I'm thankful for fire...when it's wanted...because fire is awesome.

Especially that one day I slipped on a log and fell into a creek while backpacking in an unexpected early fall snowstorm in Oregon with Katie. We were at least 20 mountainous miles from the car and I was freezing and unable to dry in the wintry conditions.

It took about 15 attempts and continuous prayerful pleas ascending to the heavens but we were able to start a fire. All my clothes dried, hypothermia was averted, and my hiking boots were melted just so. That was an accident but it almost serves as a constant reminder to not fall in creeks. Or set my boots too close to the fire. Both important life lessons.


FIRE.

If any kids are reading this, don't play with matches unless you're an adult and your name is Teagan.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: