Sunday, January 26, 2014

Yoo 584 - Lately

Dork dog is curled up next to me on the couch and Greg is in the kitchen baking me a cake. My life should be like this more often.

So, lately, when I haven't been eating or sleeping or working or texting Greg my solicited opinions on birthday gift ideas, I've been organizing my house. Still. Yesterday I woke up at 4:45 and couldn't get back to sleep so I started thinking and then I thought to clean out the coat closet downstairs.

I pulled everything out of the closet and then I realized the door hinge was loose so I took the door down and set out looking for bigger screws to fix the hinge. I couldn't find the screws so I added it to a shopping list and sought out some white paint after I noticed the door had been primed but never painted. I started painting the door and after the first coat I got sidetracked installing some small wire shelves on the utility closet door. I had pulled these shelves off of the pantry door when I installed an elfa system earlier in the week. They're ridiculously expensive but this one was worth every penny. I eventually finished painting the door and bought some screws and got it hung again but everything from the closet is still strewn around my living room because I haven't figured out how I want to organize it yet.

Greg was all excited because I had just finished putting everything away from my impromptu pantry re-org about a day ago and now it's mayhem again. These things happen.

Also of note, we have an embarrassing amount of Nerf guns. Like, the number requires two hands to count and at least three hold around 30 rounds. I had forgotten about them all until I unearthed the stash in the coat closet and that also distracted me for a while. So far Roscoe hasn't shown any interest in eating the darts which probably means he's the smartest dog ever.

Nerf darts are like sand...you keep finding it in the weirdest places YEARS after you've been to the beach. I consider it a good luck charm on any given day. Find a dart in the cupboard? Make a wish!

I've lost focus again. These are pictures from one of my memory cards taken over the past month. Of course there are lengthy explanations for each. Enjoy!


Oh, you know, just the WORLD'S LARGEST PORCH SWING in Hebron, NE. Does it look smaller than you were expecting? Also, does my dog look most regal? He's a pretty regal dog. Anyways, I'd seen a sign advertising the WORLD'S LARGEST PORCH SWING on just about every trip home and finally stopped to check it out. It was a fun little adventure, the highlight being watching the volunteer fire department assemble for a call right across the street. A bunch of normal men pulled up and morphed into firemen in a couple of seconds. It was just like Superman.


This is my depressed dog. He gets this way when we leave Nebraska and stays this way for over a week. He loves Nebraska and mopes around with sad eyes just to remind me and make me feel horrible. And because it gets him treats...tricky dog.


My mom bestowed me with this gem of a sweater while I was home for Christmas. It's my face! On a sweater! I have a feeling this will come in handy someday...


I took this picture on a hike at Government Canyon. I like it.


I like this one too. It might just be my new favorite picture of us. And pups is even looking towards the camera! Ish.


Sometimes Roscoe eats grass?


This bag of pinto beans has been in my possession since I moved to San Antonio and lived at Tia's house five years ago. They had definitely expired and I couldn't bring myself to throw away a whole bag of beans but my pantry re-org mentality required that I do something with them. So I made refried beans for the first time in my life. Obviously this was significant because I took a picture and am blogging about it. We're still eating refried beans 5 days later...

I'll be really happy when they're all gone.


I just love my dog. It never gets old. He better never get old.


I should mention that Roscoe experienced heartbreak for about the first time in his life, probably. There was a beautiful she-mutt at the dog park. Black with stunning blue eyes and a really furry tail. Well, pups was smitten from first bark. They played (and humped, naughty dude) for the better part of an hour. And then she left and pups sat at the gate staring after her for at least five minutes. Puppy love. It tugged at the heartstrings.


Ok, these are the coolest. They came in my monthly Bark Box and I about peed my pants with excitement. Energy gels for dogs! Except they're "recovery aids" because no dog needs an energy gel. But now when pups and I go running we both have our gels! Basically the coolest thing as long as they don't get switched around...I'm not speaking from experience but I'm sure there's a BIG difference between Rockin' Raspberry and Roasted Chicken.

And that's all from that memory card. Till the next one!

Have a great day :-)


No comments: