Friday, January 31, 2014

Yoo 585 - Twenty-Seven

I turned 27 this week! It was my "golden" birthday.

But first, some old pictures to catch up on.


Freezing on a walk in Nebraska. The wind there is merciless about 90% of the time. It usually dies down the day before we leave and is mostly perfect because Nebraska likes to play with me like that.


It's home!


I dream of these wide-open country roads every time I'm stuck in traffic...


Fast-forward a month and we're back in San Antonio spending a Sunday afternoon wandering around Denman Estate Park.


Here are some tree roots.


Tree roots AND me and pups.


This is the pavilion of Gwang-Ju. Named because it was given to San Antonio by sister city Gwang-Ju in South Korea. It's really colorful and cool but you can't play on it.


Greg didn't want to be in any pictures so it's all me and pups.



Now back to my birthday!

It wasn't my BEST BIRTHDAY EVER, like a golden birthday is supposed to be, but it wasn't the worst either. I took the day off and hung out with my dog. Cake was consumed. Laziness was embraced. But only in the morning. I knew I wanted to go on a good run but it was crazy windy outside and I procrastinated well into the afternoon. Oh yeah, and Greg decorated the house and got me cheap flowers and pop tarts and a monkey pinata stuffed with candy.

And something else. I vetoed all of his birthday gift ideas so he gave me a rain check for when I make up my mind.

But this run. This run went down in the history of my favorite runs. I didn't even hit any traffic getting to Government Canyon and then I saw two people the whole time. A lone hiker five minutes into the run and a mountain biker five minutes from the end. Three-hours with no people! It was awesome. Except I was afraid of being attacked by a mountain lion. On one hand, if I had fought it off and survived with minimal injuries, that would have been an epic birthday story. But on the other hand, the odds of that happening are slim and I just never want to be attacked by a mountain lion.

Or a rattlesnake.

So the run was cloudy and breezy but complete bliss. Then Greg skipped his evening classes and we ate restaurant food and went to a movie. Had the whole theater to ourselves, how cool are we??

My mom sent me a box of rice crispy treats and also a bunch of toys and a copy of Cool Runnings. She did real good this year.

And there we go. Officially 27 and starting to feel old. Like I'm encroaching 30...

I refuse to grow up.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: