Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Yoo 607 - Capitol Reef



We didn't reach Capitol Reef National Park until early evening and by that time all of the campsites were full. I was bummed and Dylan was bummed and Morgan was bummed but dad wasn't.

"I've spent enough nights camping in cold, miserable conditions in my lifetime and I'm past the point of doing that if I don't have to."

There was a storm, threatening snow, blowing in and so we rented a small cabin. It was cute and I don't think any of us were all that bummed once curled up listening to the wind howl outside. Especially after indulging at a local burger joint for dinner.

The next morning was chilly and wet but mild enough for more hiking.

^^ spot the petroglyphs ^^

^^ my former initials! ^^





^^ graffiti that is now considered "historic"...it's all perspective ^^







Dad decided that he needed to get back home a bit earlier than planned and so he left us mid-afternoon to begin packing. We set out on one last hike thru a deep canyon and then brought him a goodbye burger.




Waving goodbye to him was the hardest part of the trip. We were all in tears. I sure love my dad! Camping with him and my sisters in Southern Utah was a dream come true for all of us. I hope it's not the last trip of its kind.

Dad's adventure was coming to a close, but ours still had some life left in it.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: