Friday, December 12, 2014

Yoo 642 - Thanksgiving Camping Trip

We went camping at Seminole Canyon State Park for Thanksgiving. It was a successful experiment. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. My first Dutch-oven turkey was lemony, but palatable. The park had Wi-Fi so I could still shop the Amazon Black Friday deals. And Roscoe didn't even go crazy the whole time.


Afternoon nap, waiting for the turkey.












This pizza with Brie, chicken sausage, apples, and caramelized onions was another successful experiment. We also tried a Canadian bacon and pineapple upside-down cake for breakfast that was great. I would link to the awesome blog I stole all of the recipes from but the router I'm on has it blocked...




Tongs of Fire!




Sunset over the Rio Grande! Hi Mexico.








The first night was a little chilly and we were thankful to have our mini-furnace curled up next to us. The other nights not so much. Also, I tested out my new sleeping bag and am a FAN. Though it needs to prove itself in temperatures south of freezing.




Thanksgiving camping trip. This should become a tradition.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: