Thursday, June 18, 2015

Yoo 671 - Enchanted Rock




















Dylan's here for an internship this summer and I feel especially motivated to make the most of our days and weekends right now. The time is going to pass too quickly and I don't want to get to August and regret not making more memories.

Enchanted Rock was what we did with this past weekend. I've been many times but it's been years.

Greg and I went on our first camping trip there for New Year's Eve 2010/2011. Morgan was with us and I remember making Dutch-oven enchiladas for dinner and scooting our butts through a cave around midnight.

A couple summers before that, Katie and I tried to backpack there. Only, we saw a scorpion on our planned camping spot and freaked out a little and ended up wandering around till the wee hours of the morning before finally deciding (delusionally) that the top of the rock would be the safest place to sleep. We just threw our sleeping bags down and tried for shut-eye. Except the wind was terribly strong. I remember at one point I lifted my head to check on something and my tiny camp pillow blew out from under me. I can still picture everything as we both scrambled across that rock chasing after my pillow.

This trip was decidedly less eventful but still fun to visit with Smil. We probably wouldn't have gone back there otherwise, so thanks Dylan!

Favorite moments:

Daylight Donuts for breakfast.

Dylan with my camera. "I'm trying but all I can see is black!" "Then take the lens cap off."

Roscoe's separation anxiety. It's so cute but so heartbreaking at the same time. He panicked a little when Greg was up on a rock that he couldn't get to. Even tried to jump and scramble with his paws to reach him. Poor puppy.

A tadpole I saw. It was very between tadpole and frog and looked so strange. I touched it.

Fetching pups in the lake. He is such a water dog. And the fact that there was a lake! That's the first time I've seen water in there.

Sampling all the foods at Rustlin' Robs in Fredericksburg.

And this picture attempt with pups. He threw up with perfect timing. Nothing serious...dork had just drank his water too fast. But I love that we captured it.


Have a great day :-)


No comments: