Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Yoo 672 - Ninja Dog Biscuits and More





I saved up bacon grease for the first time in my life to make pups these biscuits. After I'd mixed everything together and rolled the dough out I realized that I only own ninja-shaped cookie cutters. So Roscoe basically has the coolest dog treats in existence.

Though he could care less about their shape.

He just wants to eat them all now.

I used this recipe.



More dog pictures while I'm at it. I love when I'm working from home and he pushes his way under my desk and flops down on my feet. And then I feel like I have to stay at my desk forever because I don't want to get up and disturb him. It probably helps my productivity.

And Greg and pups. I'm glad he's just as crazy about our dog as I am.


I'm working on a T-shirt quilt and of course I had to make the project infinitely more difficult than it needs to be. I measured all the pieces I want to use and spent hours fitting all the blocks together in PowerPoint to form this final pattern. It's going to be really hard. Especially if one of my triple-checked measurements is off.

So far I've done a "rough cut" of all the pieces and am in the process of fusing interfacing on the back for the final cuts. I've got a ways to go yet. My mom let me borrow her sewing machine for the summer so I have a deadline: first week in August.


Double-yoked egg! This is lucky right? Speaking of eggs...they're expensive. Poor chickens.


I did a double-take when I saw Brie for this price. We bought two rounds and THEN realized they expired in two days. So we ate a lot of Brie that weekend until Dylan swore it made her sick and now no one's touched it.


It's still raining more than usual. We squished along the muddy trails at Phil Hardberger Park this past Saturday. Roscoe was especially happy about it. Then we cleaned him up and took him to Lowe's where everybody loved him and I realized the planned ceiling project is going to be too expensive to qualify for my "cheap home improvement" goal.

Back to the pinterest idea board.


A lovely person pulling a big trailer with no mud-flaps flew past me on 1604 a couple weeks ago and kicked up a rock that hit my windshield just right. I had so many things to say that prove I am not yet perfected.

But he marred my perfect windshield!

I researched my options and decided to give the $14 kit at Auto Zone a try. If it doesn't work at least I'll know to go with the professionals next time. If it does then I saved a lot of money. Either way I learned something.


It took me a couple hours and was kind of fun. The results weren't perfect but the chip isn't in a visible spot to begin with and I just don't want it to spread. So far, so good. Knock on wood!


And a final picture of Roscoe to close this all out.


Have a great day :-)


No comments: