Monday, July 27, 2015

Yoo 676 - Estes Park Family Reunion, Pt 1


I bought a last-minute ticket and joined my dad's side of the family in Estes Park for the week. The flight was on Southwest so I had the second-worse boarding position ever. One time I flew out of San Francisco from a work conference and had been so busy I forgot to check in until 45 minutes before my flight. There was literally only the back middle seat left between two large men. This time I had a handful of middle seats to choose from...and I picked the one between two small women.

My family picked me up at the Denver airport on their drive from Nebraska. Shortly after that, we stopped for lunch at Qdoba where this happened to my brother while building a burrito:

Brother: "What's the mildest sauce you have?"

Qdoba worker: "Uh, tomato?"

Brother: "What's the second-mildest sauce you have?"

Ok, so you had to be there but he doesn't like tomatoes and he's just a funny kid. Then we spent a gift card at Starbucks and ate a bunch of pastries. Also, I fell asleep in the car with my head bobbing up and down and my neck hurt the rest of the day.


This is similar to the look he gave me when I asked him to help me figure out how to work the shower in the condo we were staying at. It took him a while too, so I didn't feel as stupid.













The drive thru Rocky Mountain National Park was beautiful. We had a family caravan and kept stopping to play. And throw snowballs. I shared the backseat of my parent's rented Jeep with a 2-liter of Cherry Dr Pepper where I lost self-control and drank my bladder full in just a few minutes. Then it was a reeeeally painful drive to the top and a restroom.











Only part of the family opted into the cheap miniature golf...and the rest sorely missed out! I loved the course. It was delightfully old. "Throwback", if you will. Plus my mom played and her luck (or lack thereof) is hilarious.

I chose the money ball but it didn't help me much. Came smack dab in the middle.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: