Sunday, April 17, 2016

Yoo 693 - Umbilical Cord



Look what's missing!

Now guess where it is...

...if you guessed somewhere in Roscoe's digestive tract, you would be correct.

No, he did not eat it OFF of Skylar. Sometime during a night changing it fell off. I didn't notice it until later and wondered where it had fallen off. Shortly after, I saw Roscoe very interested in a random spot on the floor next to the changing table. Putting two and two together, I quickly told Greg to go rescue the cord. He wrestled it out of Roscoe's mouth, sat it up on a counter, and we eventually went back to sleep, thinking it was out of his reach.

It wasn't. The cord was missing by morning.

And how does Roscoe feel about all of this?


Normal. He's in his favorite spot, squished between the crib and the rocking chair in the nursery.


I really love this picture Greg captured of me and Skylar shortly after a feeding. These are my favorite times. The snuggles after she eats. Sometime she's awake and making all sorts of faces, and other times she falls right asleep and just lays on my chest making her noises. I know there are going to be times in the future I wish I could rewind back to these moments and I'm trying to soak them in as much as I can.

Even during the postpartum hormone shift when dumb things make me cry. And not dumb things like seeing my newborn get further away from being a newborn! Just riding the wave...

Lastly, hair. I love her hair. I had to capture her perfect little head before she gets a bald spot.


Have a great day :-)


No comments: