Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kyoo 153

Work has been keeping me busy. Don't sound surprised but I'm actually on a project and have some small mod efforts now. So the days of just browsing Fox News and Wikipedia are over. The projects are quite challenging for me because I don't know what I'm doing yet and I'm horrible at asking questions. But the good thing is that I'm in a position to learn tons everyday and I do like that.

On the flip side, I don't have a passion for my job so lots of my time spent outside of work is on trying new things and deciding what my next steps are. Always got to be working towards something! I could buy a house, take flying lessons, apply to grad school, join the Air Force Reserves, train for a full Ironman triathlon, or just drop everything and vagabond for a year.

Knowing me, I'll probably try to do them all! Haha....I never learn.

And in pictures:


I really shouldn't put this up because I'm sure it will elicit critique from my engineer of a father but it perfectly projects the image on the wall, doesn't get hit by the garage door when it opens, is accessible, won't slip out of the chains, and hasn't come out of the ceiling yet. And yes, I did check for and use the studs.


Since we don't use the garage to park our cars in (too many - it would just be a hassle) I dubbed it the workout room. So, I spent last Saturday cleaning it out and organizing it. I will say it's quite cool. This is the bike area as well as my punching bag. It's pretty fun to hit.


And the epitome of the workout room is definitely Billy Blanks on the big screen! You can jab and uppercut with him life size. It's so fun. Other mentionables include my mini-trampoline, hand weights ranging from 1 lb. to 20 lbs., soft impact flooring, an exercise ball, a jump rope, and various resistance bands. We'll probably have a treadmill soon too. Shoot, we should open up our garage and charge people!


Some of my roommates doing their thang. There's always a puzzle in progress on our table in the living room. Right now it's an M&Ms one.


Me! USAA has a pretty good volunteering program so when I see something that sounds cool I hop on board. I've worked at the Food Bank and a few local events around town. This last Saturday I was a greeter at the King Williams Fair, part of San Antonio's tradition of fiesta. I enjoy the opportunities because they expose me to more of San Antonio and I get in for free. Not to mention the T-shirt.

Have a great day :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm concerned about the last picture. You do not seem to be properly buckled into your seat belt and it makes me a little nervous...

Snickers said...

You finally got a mini-trampoline! Yay! I'm so jealous! That would have been the coolest for our room!

Kyoo said...

I know! We could have put it right in the middle and just bounced on it all the time! It would have been awesome.