Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yoo 303 - A Bit of DC

We arrived in DC, alive, and with only one minor scuffling. Apparently the Gregflyer is a window seat only kind of dude. Which kind of cramps my window seat only style. Did you know that should be a "let's discuss this up front" kind of relationship deal? Well it should be. Had I known ages ago that he felt as passionately about the window seat as I did, well...

Just kidding!

But you should ask.

I let him have that coveted perch for our second flight, but I did take a maturity dive via a sharp finger jab to his side every time he started to nod off. He was going to enjoy every second of that view if I couldn't, dang it!

I'm hopeless. But we're having fun.

And now for a smattering of pictures.




(long walk from the metro station to our hotel...and then we found out about their complimentary shuttle service.)





(no i did not force him to take this picture...)





(this. bag. is. amazing.)


We got passed by hordes and hordes of joggers as we were walking about the National Mall today. They were all probably getting in a good taper and pre-marathon jog. Me? My taper consisted of eating pans of pizza, indulging on waaaaaay over-priced icecream, and walking miles and miles and miles.

We'll see how that treats me on Saturday!

(if it's worth noting, i have been staying hydrated...counting pennies, i know.)

The Gregdude is starting to question what he's gotten himself into but I think he'll get amped by the hype come Saturday :-)

Plus, having purchased spandex, he's TOTALLY committed now.

Have a great day :-)


2 comments:

Alisha said...

Loved this post!!

That pizza looks amazing... Gregathon -- the pic of you jumping was awesome. So glad you took it!

Yay for the REI bag! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures with it when you return :)

Kyoo said...

Remember how I'm back to having my phone in "airplane mode" so it doesn't constantly make errant phone calls?? Lame! But I do love the bag and will have lots to share! Hope your birthday was grand...looks like it didn't disappoint :)