Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Yoo 440 - A Very Merry Birthday For Me

 ^^ and a chocolate-covered cinnamon bear for you

I wasn't quite as cool on my birthday this year. There was no all day runabout or pizza binge or camping trip.

Nope.

But there was breakfast in bed! Oh yeah, Greg beat me up...wait, that sounds wrong...Greg woke up before me and brought scrambled eggs and chicken sausage links and pancakes and oatmeal and juice. Wanted me to have options, you see. All arranged on a tray with flowers and everything!!

...

Haha, that didn't happen.

What actually happened was Greg crawled out of bed at 8:44 and then, with a mouthful of toothpaste, yelled from the bathroom:

"mmph heyyyfoooofppheph heh-huuuuff"

If you're a little rusty on your mouthful-of-toothpaste translating skills, that's:

"it's 8:45 get uuuuuuuup".

We have church at nine. So we walked in just a little teeny tiny bit late while all the families looked at us like, "You don't even have kids to get ready and you still can't get here on time?"

Soooo, happy birthday to me!

Greg did inform me on the way to church that he had his alarm set to get up early to make breakfast...BUT then he turned it off and fell back to sleep.

And later that afternoon the plot thickened as he detailed that it WAS going to be a breakfast of scrambled eggs and chicken sausage links and pancakes and oatmeal and juice. So I'm counting the thought and remembering that for his birthday...

:-P

Also related, presents.


 ^^ i forgot what was so funny about a pastry blender...

 ^^ wearin' my new shoes and eatin' my treats

 ^^ m and d, they were well-received. very. well. received.

 ^^ reading the cards

 ^^ a and j, excellent choice

Muchas gracias to my Gregman and family for the loot! Y'all are too fun.

Then Government Canyon called and I had to oblige. The weather was warm and perfect and it was exactly where I wanted to spend the afternoon. Wandering about the trails chatting with my Greggers about everything under the sun.




 ^^ my birthday cairn. built it myself. with 26 rocks.

 ^^ airplane!



My in-laws spoiled me in the evening with a dinner "birthday party" complete with food, drinks, and free use of the restroom.

I'm spoiled.

Love my niece for making this meal ticket :-)


Dinner and dessert were awesome!

And finally, birthday rice crispy treats.

Which almost didn't happen!!

Kyoo mom, remember that one time you didn't send me birthday rice crispy treats because you decided I was all grown up with a husband who could make them for me?

Yellow. Flag.

I'm never too old for birthday rice crispy treats!

He made them but it's just not the same as getting a box in the mail with each treat individually wrapped and just a little stale...

I coped with the Gregcook's version...but next year...let's not have this confusion.



Twenty-six years old. Shoot.

And I hadn't even gotten used to saying I was 25...

Have a great day :-)


1 comment:

Nicole Jessop said...

Did he make them with coconut oil?! I still haven't tried yet, but I did buy rice krispies the other day so I am one step closer...