Friday, January 30, 2015

Yoo 655 - This Week in Pictures: Jan 24 - 30

January 24


Saturday morning, very early, rolls around and I'm up and brushing my teeth in the bathroom. Several seconds in I notice that Greg isn't joining me. But he should be because he needs to leave for work soon. I garble "You need to get up!" with a mouthful of toothpaste.

Mornings are my thing and evenings are Greg's thing so we help each other out.

His response?

"Just a minute! I'm doing my pandiculations!"

Huh??

Apparently it was a word-of-the-day and he was quite proud of himself for using it in a sentence.

I took a picture of pups' pandiculation because it's cuter.

January 25


This is where Roscoe hides when we pull out his ear cleaner. His darn ears get so dirty and they need to be cleaned a couple times a week. Unfortunately, we keep all of his dog stuff in the same place. So when it's ear-cleaning time, we go to the closet and he excitedly follows us thinking he's getting a treat, big grin on his face.

But his body language snaps the instant we grab this bottle. Ears droop. Tail drops. Eyes reflect panic. And he bolts for cover. Anywhere. Usually under the table, but sometimes behind me. And then I feel it is my duty to fend off the evil Greg trying to clean his ears.

Because I can't let my dog misplace his trust!

January 26


I was holding off on joining the on-going Nerf war at work. I mean, it's been months. Months! But on Friday, just as I was packing to leave, it hit me.

A dart. Straight in the jugular.

And I thought, "It's on."

So I brought in *half* of our arsenal. To defend myself.

We're professionals but sometimes we need a break.

January 27 

My birthday! See here.

January 28 


Webelos! Ultimate frisbee activity. Clearly we're a little lax on getting them to wear their uniforms. But it was a fun night.

January 29


Went on a "klaw" with Alisha at work. It's walk spelled backwards. Years and years ago one of us thought we were being stealthy over IM and the name has stuck. One of these days I'm going to severely miss klaws with Alisha!

Before we got really busy, we used to go on one a day. Up and down the almost mile-long service level. But now we're lucky if we meet up twice a week.

Still, they're the best. We vent about work and talk about everything that's breaking in our houses and she shares all of her boy drama and I usually just listen because I'm married and boring now.

:-)

But before today's klaw, I remembered this putty-stuff that I had in my desk and brought it along. It's super relaxing to mold and pop all the air bubbles. Plus, it changes color as it warms up. Clearly Alisha's hands are on fire because when I squished the two pieces back together post-klaw, this is what I got...

January 30


THIS IS THE BEST PICTURE THERE EVER WAS, THERE EVER IS, AND THERE EVER WILL BE.

Well, I guess it'd be better if I was in the astronaut suit with my dogs jumping on me.

It surfaced on the Internet sometime this week and I'm using it as my Friday picture because Friday was unremarkable and I just crashed after work and embarrassingly watched Dance Moms and took Roscoe for a walk.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: