Saturday, May 23, 2015

Yoo 666 - Valentine's Day Smoking...Ribs





Once upon a January 12th, 2014, I received an email informing me that I had reached my 5-year employment anniversary with a link to an assortment of appreciation gifts I could choose from.

It was a pretty good assortment.

And I chose the smoker. Think of all the great BBQs we could have!

Fast forward a year and it remained untouched in our shed.

So, as I was writing out my "2015 Bucket List", I put "Actually use our smoker at least once" down as a goal.

Now fast-forward a month to February.

We were trying to think of something we could do to make Valentine's Day not as lame as we usually make Valentine's Day and then Greg got the idea to smoke ribs after looking at my bucket list.

And that's what we did. He did. Well, Roscoe helped a little. Moral support, you know.

Greg did a really great job for his first time out the gate. He watched youtube videos and read articles and figured out exactly what he wanted to try. The ribs were seasoned a bit too much and we both decided we prefer wet ribs, but neither of us were complaining as we ate on them for lunch throughout the next week.


This is Roscoe's "I probably don't get any of that" face.


And this is his "Just kidding, I'm definitely going to get me some of that" face.

Here's to documenting Valentine's Day in May!

Have a great day :-)


No comments: