Thursday, May 21, 2015

Yoo 665 - Two Year Pupiversary



















Two years ago today I walked into work ready for another dragging Tuesday. Shortly after I arrived, a good friend and coworker told me about a dog they'd found abandoned over the weekend and asked me if I wanted it. The answer was YES!!!!! I'd wanted a dog all thru college and the first four years of my career. But I didn't think I had the time or space for a dog.

That day is recorded here.

Long story short, it was the best spontaneous decision I've ever made. We've figured out how to make the time and space for our buddy over the past two years and he's given us his whole furry heart and the funnest adventures.

He has his quirks, for sure. Like his insanely powerful drive to chase everything that moves that ISN'T dog or human.

But I wouldn't change him. Except for making him a lot more cuddly.

Today, we're 100% dog-crazy and personify him like there's no tomorrow and let him lick the bacon pan clean and put him in the shopping cart when we go to Lowe's and wear matching bracelets/collars. And I make no apologies. He isn't going to live forever and that fuels me to make the most of the time we have as his people and give him the best life we can.

Our love for this dog went from zero to a billion over the course of an evening back in 2013. And that's never going to change, whether he's with us or not.

I'm so thankful he's with us.

Dogs forever!

Have a great day :-)


No comments: