Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Yoo 698 - White Noise




Genius met desperation last night at 11:30. Greg and I were both past ready for bed but Skylar was a little grumps and refusing all attempts to lull her into dreamland. I pulled up my amazon prime music account and started streaming some "baby white noise". I kid you not, two minutes later she was asleep. We carefully placed her in her pea pod swaddle, let the noise play for a couple more minutes, and then turned it off and quietly left the room.

Well, just as we were settling in to bed, Skylar started to stir. And then cry. I tossed my phone to Greg and told him to turn it back on and play it for her. Sure enough, back to sleep!

So I quickly rigged up a white noise machine consisting of an old iPhone speaker dock and my old iPhone placed next to her crib with amazon set to play the whole baby white noise album on repeat. And wouldn't you know, we had one of our best nights yet. I got three solid blocks of three hours of sleep!

I feel like a million bucks...right now. Here's to hoping it wasn't just a one-night fluke.

And now some updates from the phone camera:


I was trying to capture the spit bubbles she sometimes blows in her sleep. It's so cute.


Roscoe has decided that the rocking chair is his new favorite perch. So now nursing sessions begin with a puppy eviction step.


And then he stares out the window and wonders where he went so wrong in life.


Sunset from an evening walk. My walking speed and distance are slowly increasing. On Monday night I did half the trail! Actually, I overdid it on Monday. It was my first day by myself with my mom gone and Greg back at work and I was like "DO ALL THE THINGS!". And I did all the things. Including an arm weight workout. And then I paid for it on Tuesday. So today, I'm scaling back to half the things.

Or maybe just cuddle with Skylar all day again. She's the best. (AND ROSCOE TOO).

Have a great day :-)


No comments: