Friday, May 13, 2016

Yoo 706 - Skylar, One Month


Skylar at one month:

Weighs 10 pounds 5 ounces.

Stretches 23.25 inches tall.

Wears size 0-3 month clothes, with growing room. And sometimes I still squeeze her into her size newborn sleepers because I'm not ready to let go yet. Also in size newborn diapers but moving up soon.

Is currently nicknamed "Peanut" and "Super Skylar". Peanut because of the swaddle pod she sleeps in and Super Skylar because she stretches like a super hero flying thru the sky. Sometimes Peanut Butter get thrown out there, which usually results in us singing the peanut butter and jelly song.

Can lift and control her head for up to 10 seconds while on her tummy. Will also support most of her weight on her legs for several seconds while being held. She is a strong little baby! Still has her startle reflexes. She smiles daily, but not in response to us yet. Ever so often we'll catch a laugh while she's sleeping and we so look forward to more of that in the future! She makes all sorts of noises all the time, from grunts and coos to hiccups and sighs. Nursing is an especially noisy process with her.

Went on her first long road trip to Nebraska! She has met her grandparents on both sides, all of her aunts and uncles on my side, and most of her aunts, uncles, and cousins on Greg's side. There are still a few in Seattle and Houston left.

Has no routine. She nurses and sleeps on demand without a noticeable schedule. Has slept up to 5 hours at night but usually goes 3-4 hours, with the occasional 2-hour surprise in there to keep me on my toes. We generally live in blocks of: nurse, diaper change, awake time, sleep time, repeat.

Has no real "favorites" yet. She does like to be moving and bonus points if that's moving outside! She quiets right down when I put her in her carrier or wrap and do chores around the house or go for a walk. Rocking or bouncing on a ball while holding her are other ways to soothe. But never just holding her while sitting still! We still cuddle skin-to-skin frequently and she seems to love that. She'll sometimes take a pacifier but she's picky about it. Same with a bottle.

Is the best. I have loved being her mom this past month. Sleepy days where I'm covered in milk and spit-up don't bother me. Well, for the most part. Sometimes, around 9 or 10 at night, I'll start to hit my limit and need a good nap. But 98% of the time I am completely smitten with this baby and 1,000% fulfilled by being her mom. Every part of her is my favorite. And I can watch her sleep and watch her stretch and watch her sit and make faces and watch her do anything for hours on end. It gets better and better with each passing day and it's so fun getting to know her. But I'm still mad at her for getting bigger and already growing up on me!










Have a great day :-)


No comments: