Thursday, July 4, 2013

Yoo 493 - Still In Nebraska

Hello again Greg.

Well you've just missed a ton and a half. I'll start with the rest of Nebraska.

First, we walked around most of Clay Center and stretched it out over a whole 90 minutes. Is that not talent? We stopped at the library for probably 30 minutes and Morgan and I played "Who's fatter?" on a see-saw in the park (never mind who won) and of course did the obligatory lap around our high school kitty litter track to kill some time.

^^ mom's bicycle at the post office ^^

 ^^ painful reminder of when we had a school ^^



 ^^ the tank! this is the cool place to hang during rest period at the swimming pool ^^

 ^^ kitty litter ^^

 ^^ only smiling because it's not track practice ^^

^^ dog and a fire hydrant. i had to. ^^

 ^^ peering into the old high school. so many memories in those halls! ^^

 ^^ they took out the cake! i want a cake next to the main entrance in my future house... ^^

 ^^ still the principal's office ^^

 ^^ one time, i was sliding down this ramp on my belly, riiiight as the principal rounded the corner. he made me call my mom. that was a fun conversation... ^^


 ^^ in the bowels of the underpass ^^

 ^^ every square inch of the basement of the cc library is painted like this. with a huge castle to play on. it's up there with the pool as the town's main hangouts. ^^

 ^^ brick-lined main street! ^^


^^ dogs are not allowed in libraries ^^

After that morning excursion I spent the rest of the day trying to think of something else to do and whining about how there wasn't anything else to do. Does that not sound like a blast? This is a real problem with country living. My parents need a farm so I can busy myself with messy chores during the day.

We tried geocaching and found nothing and then Dylan and I played chubby bunny with grapes. I only made it to 19. But I've decided if that's ever a lucrative competition, you'd quite possibly have a real career option.

Mom forgot to plug in the crock pot and that was quite the tragedy come dinner time. Good thing everyone fills up on Ellen's cookies during the day.

On Sunday we went to church and everyone asked where my husband was and they didn't even need my help in primary so I had to go to the adult classes but they were on the new family history tool and actually really exciting. We ate a ham dinner and napped and then took Roscoe on a walk in the country. He jumped into a wheat field and completely disappeared. But every now and again his head would bob up as he raced along. 

The sun was setting and it was beautiful. I really miss this place in the evenings.

And that's about the most of it. Oh yeah, Adam is suddenly huge and has AT LEAST five chin hairs. Also, he can beat me at arm wrestling and I might have to stop calling him my "little" brother.

Have a great day :-)


No comments: